HTML VizCreator Cert - CHANGELOG
We're always trying our best to give you the best experience with our custom visuals. We also take our client's feedback very seriously and love to hear ideas, on how we could improve our products. We are constantly working on new features to give you the best experience possible. Please don't hesitate to send us your feature requests. Also, please let us know if something doesn't work according to plan. Our support and development team is happy to help.
The HTML VizCreator Cert (old name: HTML Text Styler) Visual for Power BI is our most popular custom visual. Because of its flexibility, it can be used for many different use cases. This is also why we are constantly coming up with new improvements. On this page, we keep track of the changes and features.
- Copy/Paste: The user is able to select the content of the visual and copy it so it can be pasted into other tools.
- Header placeholder added
- Header options added
- Tooltip feature optimized (Showing measure name instead of HTML code)
- Some HTML list tags were not displayed correctly
- Font size in lists could not be changed
- details tag was not displayed correctly
- Sorting placeholder added. With this new placeholder, the user can define the sort order of the visual when using the category placeholder.
- Placeholders now have a description explaining what they can be used for.
- Changed design of the scroll bar
- Spaces were not shown correctly in some circumstances
- In some cases, visual was cropped when using the "hide scroll bar" setting
- The HTML VizCreator Cert (old name: HTML Text Styler) is certified by Microsoft 🤩 This is a major milestone for the visual. The Microsoft certification means that experts from Microsoft have looked at the source code of the visual and confirmed that the visual is secure to use and does not access any external sources. Read more about it in this blog post.
- Due to the certification, the visual is no longer able to access external sources HTML tags which are considered unsafe no longer work. For users which need these features, we have developed a brand new visual. The new HTML VizCreator Flex (old name: HTML & CSS Viewer) can still access external sources and can also deal with CSS and SVG. If you are not sure which of the visuals is right for you, simply reach out to us, we're happy to help.
- Tooltip functionality was added to the visual.
- The visual was sometimes not showing spaces correctly.
Many additional features were added and bugs were fixed. This was also the time in which the visual became popular so we decided to put more effort into the changelog in the future.
The very first version of the HTML VizCreator Cert (old name: HTML Text Styler) is live in AppSource